This is one of my favorite episodes from Interbike 2012 featuring Jay Roe, Darryl Tocco and Chris Doyle of Kink Bikes. Jay and Darryl aren’t huge fans of being on camera but they definitely open up in here on a wide range of topics, and Doyle is his usual charming self. Here’s a run down of what we cover here:
- Jay goes over some of Kink’s new frames and parts for 2013
- I ask about Kink’s new Pivotal design
- We discuss the upcoming Kink DVD, “Squash It” and we talk about the BMX video marketplace in general, specifically companies moving towards digital downloads which Jay and I publicly sparred about previously
- Doyle talks about winning Kill The Line
- Jay Roe seems way more excited about discussing the Riff Raff/Kitty Pryde video than anything else I brought up. Chris Doyle has never heard of Riff Raff
- I got Doyle to tell the story about his accidental gap to feeble Safety First ender which he calls the scariest thing he’s ever done
- Everyone names off some of their NORA cup votes (results here)
- Darryl discusses his hectic travel schedule over the past year
- Jay tells us about Kink’s new jeans
- We discuss the overall state of the BMX industry
- Jay says the Bad Timing DVD isn’t happening anymore and that all their footage went to that Winter promo
- Darryl clarifies that he doesn’t hate DSLR’s. Doyle doesn’t know what a DSLR is.
Check out all the rest of our TCU TV episodes here.